Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012

The new routine started this morning at 6:02.   Okay it was really like 6:18 when I finally rolled out of bed willingly, but at least I got moving.  Today was the first day back to work full-time after being home with the boys full-time for the last seven months.   I have enjoyed EVERY. Single. Day of being with them and watching them grow and learn.   Unfortunately with the circumstances at hand, I had to come to a decision which would support the three of us long-term.  My blessings are abundant and I am thankful to be able to have the ability to have a choice in the country we live in.   
Nathaniel was not thrilled to get out into the chilled car bright and early but I did my best to keep their wake up routine the same—just put it in warp speed with only one minor temper-tantrum that I had to manage.   Carson was my talker this morning; babbling away in his crib.  The second he saw me this morning he took his cup and pushed it right in my face and ‘asked’ for some milk.  His skin is so soft at his young age of 15 months.  His little hands especially feel like they have a layer of silk on them.   Such a sweet little babe; he is really into snuggling me especially in the morning. (Which I LOVE)  Carson will lay his head down against my shoulder and rub the side of his head into my chest.   First thing when he sees Boomer in the morning he will mumble “Bbbbbbb!   BBBBBB!”   He understands a lot more than he verbalizes currently.  With the rate at which Nathaniel is giving out full sentences now, I’m sure Carson just thinks it acceptable for just pointing and mumbling.   I got them both dropped at daycare after driving through the 3” of snow that fell overnight on the roads.   
As I walked into work I focused on my patients and the day ahead.  Hoping my patients would make it into the clinic okay.  I prayed that everyone’s illnesses were stable/non-symptomatic today and I could give more smiles and words of enthusiasm than anything.  I thought of my boys and the week ahead they would have and establishing their comfort levels at daycare.  I prayed for my friend and their family in this week ahead for the recent loss of a family member that meant the world to them.  I prayed for myself.   “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.”  
Here’s to the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment