Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pre-School & PRE-School

I was talking with Nathaniel's teacher about a week ago and my eyes almost bugged out of my head when she said,.... "Nathaniel should be getting his Pre-School 4K Packet in the next few weeks."  

WHAT???   My baby is going to be in 4K??   Pre-Kindergarten?  Pre-SCHOOL?  Holy Moses!  I am SO excited for him!   He will absolutely love learning.  I can't wait for him to get going next fall.   Of course it's a transition that may impact our every day lives and routine, but bring it ON!   Can't believe he is getting so big! I have been trying to help him with starting reading and working with his Leap Pad more (that thing is amazing).   Numbers right now that he can recite are almost to 20, but somewhat out of order.  "1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20!"   I praise him no matter what, it's pretty great that he can remember all of that in his little brain.

PRE-School:  Spring Semester starts for me next Monday.  I am taking two courses.  One will be my first "online" Internet course-Introduction to Psychology. I am nervous about having to motivate myself to get those assignments checked and updated frequently. I love Psychology and study it even when I don't need to, so I am hopeful for a good great grade.   The second course will be General Anatomy & Physiology for the Nursing Program.   I LOVED A & P when I was in the M.A. Program.   Lots of memorization and understanding of systems and theories. I will also have a laboratory class where I believe (based on the lecture notes I picked up) we will be dissecting a sheep brain and heart.  Yummy.  I have a sitter lined up for a couple of the nights that I know I will need to study or in class a little longer; and I have two 'back ups' in case that falls through.  Always need a Plan B and Plan C when children are involved.

Nerves are setting in.  I brought out my books and placed them on the kitchen counter.  LOTS of information in those books.  I read through the syllabus and I know I will have to stay extremely focused.  These two courses will be the most of a credit load until I am in the nursing program full time in about 2 years. I am nervous I will come down with Influenza,... the boys will break something and need surgery, my car will break,... anything.  You name it, I am paranoid it will jeopardize my schedule for completion and my goals.   I know it's pre-mature and I will know my timeline better when I finish my A & P course this semester, but I am estimating a graduation date from Nursing of May 19, 2016.   Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment